EWBC Kingfisher Report

Monday, June 19, 2006

One of the Environmental Educators

Hi. My name is Crystal Salinas. I am one of the Environmental Educatos here at the Edinburg World Birding Center. I graduated from Vassar College with a degree in Biology. I am currently working towards my M.S. in Biology from the University of Texas - Pan American. My research focuses on bats of the RGV, more specifically, Hidalgo County.

In addition to work and school, I volunteer whenever I can. I am a member of the Texas Master Naturalists (a volunteer organization), currently working towards my certification. I volunteer at NABA Butterfly Park as well as with a researcher from UTPA.

EWBC recently participated in the Great Texas Birding Classic and hosted a Big Sit. The picture above is of some of the participants. From left to right: Javier (Volunteer), (Crystal, me), Matt (Volunteer), Sarah (Environmental Coordinator), Marisa (EWBC Manager).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home